Last year I ran out of time to create my own holiday card, but this year I planned ahead. I decided, mostly due to my love of birds, to do a nice simple partridge in a pear tree print. I did several different sketches trying to get the nice flow I was looking for. Once I finalized it I traced it backwards to transfer onto my linoleum block and then I carved it all out, which went really fast.
This morning I did a quick test print run to see how it would look and if I needed to carve anymore out. I actually really like how it looks thus far. The next step is adding some watercolor details in the pears, leaves, and partridge. And then, of course, to send them out!